Shared Help is a feature on Fandom that takes help pages from Fandom Community Central and shares them with all communities. The aim is to make sure that everyone has the information they need to run their community at their fingertips, regardless of which wiki they are on.
How Shared Help works
Shared Help pages are any pages in the Help: namespace on Community Central. These pages will show up on your wiki at the same article name location, contained in a box. At the top-right of the box is a link to the Community Central forums.
Note that these shared articles will not show in local article lists, though links to them from normal wiki content will be blue.
If you're interested in improving the core help pages, please check out Help:Improving help pages.
Adding local content
- This feature is not currently available on new wikis which use the new Unified Community Platform (UCP).
See this page for more information on the new platform.
- For an explanation of the changes to these new wikis, see this blog post.
Shared Help does not stop you from having custom local help content - we know each community has its own ways of doing things. The content shared from Community Central will only contain general help, so it should not conflict with your own advice and/or policies.
To create local content, edit the help page as you would normally. Your content will show up above the Shared Help box. You will notice that when you edit local help pages, they are empty - this is because the shared articles are not physically on your wiki.
You can hide shared help content on a specific page by adding this wikitext:
You will be notified on the edit page that you are editing a shared help page. For example:
Further help and feedback
- Browse and search other help pages at Help:Contents
- Check Fandom Community Central for sources of further help and support
- Check Contacting Fandom for how to report any errors or unclear steps in this article
- Learn how to use Fandom in Fandom University: short how-to videos for all levels of experience